Agnostic.com

1 0

LINK SpaceX Starlink launch: How to watch Falcon 9 drop 60 satellites into orbit Wednesday - CNET

"SpaceX ... [ launched at ] ... 5:02 a.m. PT (8:02 a.m. ET) on Wednesday, Jan. 20 ... It ... [ was ] ... the 16th launch for Starlink, the satellite mega-constellation designed to beam broadband across the world, enveloping the sky with thousands of small satellites."

What do you think are significant ways that broadband will help the world?

Webcast is below:

AnonySchmoose 8 Jan 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This is causing severe problems for astronomers. I think it should be put to a stop.

Yes, I was aware of the inability to monitor dangerous asteroids because of the visibility interference from so many satellites. SpaceX has said they will try to correct the interference. I haven't yet heard about more problems. If you know what they are, I would love to know too.

I read yesterday that the dark coating has reduced visibility by only 50%. But not only the effect of light reflecting off of them but they also block light so as to obscure what they are trying to observe.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:570682
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.