Agnostic.com

1 6

Amanda Gorman Overheard The Obamas Having A Feisty Inauguration Chat

One week after captivating the nation with her words, Amanda Gorman is still riding high.

Appearing on “The Ellen DeGeneres Show” Tuesday, the 22-year-old opened up about becoming the youngest inaugural poet in U.S. history at President Joe Biden’s Jan. 20 swearing-in.

Gorman, who hails from Los Angeles, attended the inauguration ceremony with her mother, Joan Wicks. She says the two couldn’t help but be a little star-struck when they were seated within earshot of Lady Gaga, Jennifer Lopez and former President Barack Obama.

In her Tuesday chat with DeGeneres, Gorman said she overheard former first lady Michelle Obama continually reminding her husband to uphold social distancing measures.

“[Michelle] kept yelling at Barack, ‘Stop hugging people! Stop getting close to people,’” the poet recalled. “And then when I was done, she kind of pushed him out of the way and gave me just the biggest, warmest Michelle Obama hug.”

"I'm so short, I basically came up to Michelle Obama's belly button," Gorman said.

[huffpost.com]

LiterateHiker 9 Jan 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Memories this lady is making

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:572204
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.