Agnostic.com

2 2

LINK Can moms pass COVID-19 immunity to their newborns? | Live Science

"If a woman catches COVID-19 during pregnancy, can her baby pick up any immunity to the virus in the womb? Early data hint that the answer is yes, but many questions still remain."

AnonySchmoose 8 Jan 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

According to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), it is still not known if a pregnant woman with COVID-19 can pass the virus that causes COVID-19 to her fetus or baby during pregnancy or delivery. No infants born to mothers with COVID-19 have tested positive for the COVID-19 virus.

With more covid-19 vaccines coming out, we should not be worried too much. I'm wondering if vaccine has negative affect on pregnant women.

ffjs Level 1 Feb 21, 2021

I have been interested in immunitysince I was pregnant with my daughter 25 years ago. I had chicken pox as a kid and while pregnant my.s I n who was 2 got the chicken pox and was Conover from head ro toe, He didn't seem super sick and spent lots of time in a bath with oatmeal filled stocking. So he didn't itch yhem much. When Coral was. was 2 there were many friends' kids and 2 adjlt friends who got it. I would have her hang with them. Everyone e was catching it o but not her. I wondered if my immunity passed to herr When she was 6 she was at a sleepover a kid woke up with them.. still didn't catch it

My theory was foiled when she got test to check if she was immune and she wasn't.

@powder True, but for young girls you want them to.get it, as their are dangers in catching chicken pox when pregnsnt. Could cause birth defects in unborn fetus.

@gigihein
Pre-existing immunity to a pathogen is fascinating. An immune person could still be a carrier. I found an article that says: "Most bizarrely of all, when researchers tested blood samples taken years before the pandemic started, they found T cells which were specifically tailored to detect proteins on the surface of Covid-19. This suggests that some people already had a pre-existing degree of resistance against the virus before it ever infected a human. And it appears to be surprisingly prevalent: 40-60% of unexposed individuals had these cells." [bbc.com]
Not to take chances, I am definitely getting the Covid-19 vaccination.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:572834
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.