Agnostic.com

3 1

Will it end, or just fade away and keep coming back? Do we have to learn to live with covid ?

[wired.co.uk]

Fernapple 9 Feb 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

As long as people continue to travel and move about giving the virus new hosts, it will be with us unless it's found that the vaccinated folks can't transmit the virus asymptomatically.

Because travel is big business and governments (such as in Hawaii) tend to give in to demands of the travel and visitor industry over the scientific health data, money (and the virus) will win. Not many politicians are willing to do the right thing and protect the people.

I'm lucky on the island where I live. We have a strong mayor on Kauai who discourages travel by insisting on double testing and/or quarantining to keep our residents safe. The other islands have opened up travel with just a single test and no quarantine. The other island counties covid numbers are such that they have a lot of recreational restrictions for their residents. My island has near zero cases per day, so we have more freedom.

People like to move around and gather, which will keep the virus with us, until enough people are willing and able to be vaccinated as often as necessary. I sure know a lot of anti-maskers who will refuse a vaccine, yet cry about their travel dependent business failing. I wish they would pledge to be part of the solution rather than continue to be part of the problem.

Well said, especially the last line.

Maybe one day covid will be eradicated like yellow fever and small pox but for now it will be with us for many years to come. We will get yearly immunization shots just like for the flu. Though if covid keeps mutating (like the flu) it may never go away.

But, I think we will return to something closer to normal maybe by next year.

Viruses other than covid were doing what they do from about the rime that life began, eons before human life began. I understand that human DNA contains evidences of those struggles.

Yes introns and jumping genes. It is said that they may even have helped with our evolution, by giving us the power to use genes in bits, so that a few genes can be used for many purposes, among other things.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:573360
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.