Agnostic.com

6 1

Has anyone ever been in love before?

I'm 19 and basically every girl I ask out either flat out rejected me or used me for money. Fair enough, I was probably asking for it.

I know not all women are like this but I have just had bad luck.

So on a brighter note, could people please share with me their stories about how they met the person they love?

Lancer 7 Nov 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I’ve been in love many times. I have no real advice other than be nice to people and open to sharing how you feel.

Don’t be so hard on yourself. I don’t know the situation obviously, but you might just be assuming she was just using you for money. I mean maybe the relationship ended for whatever reason and then in retrospect you felt bad and thought to yourself, “why did that bitch even like me then? She must have just wanted money from me when she didn’t have it.” It could be as simple as, there just wasn’t a true connection.

Loves complicated, because what is love? I’m not sure I’ve ever been in love or loved by someone else.

Infatuation? Sure.

Fair enough.

The girl I was taking about told me she didn't like me, changed her mind a week later, went out with me for a month, then told me she didn't want a boyfriend because she was going to focus on her studies, then got a boyfriend a week later.

It's crap like that which made me rethink how I treat women. I bought her presents, took her to the movies, invited her to my birthday party. But in the end not only did she flat out waste my time and money. She told her boyfriend a lie about me saying I was a stalker. So I told him the truth and walked away. I could've beaten him to a pulp even though he was taller than me but there was no point. He was being used by her the same way she used me and I felt sorry for him. So I just left.

Sounds like you’re a pretty rational guy then.

Buddy...it'll happen, and it will be great, then not as much, then something else. Just do your part, by which I mean talk to girls, and associate with people.

Thanks for all the stories everyone.

I have another question.

Do you think it's reasonable to say that boys look for girls and girls look for boys. But men look for women and women look for men?

I remember once when I was in Nottingham on holiday, by myself in an ice rink. I had a chat with an old couple who had visited my city way down south in Australia. After they left I proceeded to try to learn how to ice skate but kept falling down. This girl around my age skated up to me and asked if I wanted some help, I said yes. She taught me the basics and we skated for a bit (Also just for the record she was way out of my league). Then we took a break and stood by the side talking for a bit. Her friend (I assumed) skated over and told her "Andy texted me, he's coming down with his friends" and shortly afterward when the girl and I resumed our conversation the friend looked up from her phone, said "there he is. Oh my god he is so hot, lets get out of here" and the nice girl left with her friend.

To be fair the other guys (4 of them) were all better looking than me. But it just seemed like appearances really matter. And if that's the case then I'm out of luck. Being short and Asian isn't exactly attractive as far as I'm concerned.

On an online dating site. I changed my profile saying I was disappointed no one would contact me and so she wrote me to say not do give up and that I sounded very nice. 🙂

I was in a Honky-Tonk in Dallas. I sat down at an empty table behind the prettiest girl there (my opinion) and she turned around and said; "Do you come here often?" That was 27 years ago. It was about a year before we finally got together. We didn't get along very well in that year because she wanted a date and I wanted to get laid. But the attraction just kept drawing us back together.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:5740
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.