Agnostic.com

3 7

Paying for abortions can actually save lives. [rewirenewsgroup.com] This is a group I support and I wonder how many of us know that FFRF was started by Lauri Gaylors (a co-president) mother who started by offering funding for abortions. [en.wikipedia.org]

JackPedigo 9 Feb 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I am a long term supporter of FFRF but I think that the right stand is in the middle of "Abortion Ban" and "Abortions Unlimited".

Funding for abortions? How about don't do "Elective Fucks"?

A young girl facing a pregnancy deserves to have options. I can recommend a film about this called Never Rarely Sometimes Always. It's a story about two young cousins dealing with challenges that they shouldn't have to. The same State Legislators from PA, who tried to destroy our democracy introduced these draconian laws that nearly destroyed this young girl's life. Many of these kids commit suicide but pro lifers don't care about that.

Seems the 'pro (human) life movement actually costs lives and yet the advocates of this idea never (or won't) recognize this basic fact. Thanks for the information. I looked it up and the trailer is:

@JackPedigo It's on HBO Max. It tore at my heart. These girls were from Scranton area and had to travel to NYC. NY State has liberal abortion laws

@barjoe When my late partner was dying we discovered 2 doctors here that were involved in the Death with Dignity program. one, a semi-retired anesthesiologist, got involved with the end of life program and took on the task of providing a 2nd signature for people who signed on to the program but lived in a part of the state (east of the 'Cascade Curtain'😉 where it hard to find Drs. who would sign. One elderly guy had to take a cabulance and spend some $1,400 to get transported to a place he could have the meds administered. I can well imagine the same would apply to abortion services. [inlander.com]

I'm a longtime FFRFer but didn't know that. Thanx. I will remain an FFRFer.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:574170
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.