Agnostic.com

4 13

The greatest trick the satanists ever pulled:

They may be truer to the words of Jesus than most Christians

The church is vital not just for its dogged pursuit of religious equanimity but how it exposes Christian hypocrisy

By VALERIE TARICO
NOVEMBER 28, 2015

"Anyone who is familiar with the Ten Commandments will immediately recognize that these seven tenets [of The Satanic Temple] offer an easier path to equanimity than do the famous Ten. The first of the Ten Commandments—Thou shalt have no other gods before me—asserts the primacy of a single deity rather than the primacy of compassion and empathy. It prescribes competition between religious worldviews."

[salon.com]

nicestuff 7 Feb 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

They have erroneously labelled themselves Satanists, thereby ruining whatever "message" they were trying to impart.

No big loss. There are lots of groups for those who come out of religion, from Pastafarians to Humanists, there is a niche for all, whatever they call themselves.

Satanists is the awesome way to show the world that Satan is not bad as the religious books say.
[huckmag.com]

I read your "thoughts" and I disagree. We chose to be Satanists because it is documented in the christians very own book that we exist. It is very difficult for a christian to argue we are not a real religion as they have with others.

@Rainbird Fine. But you're not a "real religion" and "Satan" doesn't exist, at least not in the way the word is commonly understood. Therefore Satanic rituals are absurd. You know this, yet you call yourself a "Satanist" anyway, as some sort of tongue-in-cheek, in-your-face doublespeak, do not conduct Satanic rituals, don't believe in Satan, and think you're being cute. Unless I'm somehow mistaken.
If I'm not, you're simply being absurd and are an embarrassment.
I personally am agnostic, not atheist, but you are giving fuel to the fire to people who claim atheists are really Satanists. If that's you intention, you're doing a great job!

I lived in Bremerton for a while in the Navy. It has a large Naval base and does a lot of repairs and overhauls. Lots of conservitiveness there - not all by any means, and Seattle was just an hour away by ferry.

Who cares!!!

The longer you spend on this BS the more you are legitimatizing this total shit!!

Quote from your post,"prescribes competition between religious worldviews." Its not about competition between "religious world views", it's about government of people.

The "10 commandments " are laws of the nation of Israel prior to 2000 years ago.

Word Level 8 Feb 8, 2021
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:575142
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.