Agnostic.com

3 6

Independent Lens | We Believe in Dinosaurs

nogod4me 8 Feb 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Ken Ham is yet another ex-pat Aussie (think Rupert Murdoch) who is screwing with the country's head!
I saw him on the old, original "Nightline" show with Ted Koppel, when the Creation Museum was opening.
When asked what was his inspiration for the museum, he said, "When I saw that the evidence for evolution was," so strong, or words to that effect, he knew what he had to do. "EVIDENCE!" "What in the lord's name is evidence worth when it, when it contradicts my fairy tale beliefs?" I expect he thought. If "Night line" is archived, the interview ought to be there. Like any self-respecting parasite of the cloth, Ham knew a money maker when he saw it.
This abomination to the reason is in Kentucky, the home of Mitch McConnell, and Rand Paul, just as the Creation museum is.

When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do, sir? Paul Samuelson, receiver of the Nobel Prize in economics, 1970.
What Ham did was bury his head still deeper in the sand! But, hell, he's making money fist over brain.

Excellent. Thanks for posting.

skado Level 9 Feb 9, 2021

This is a free, full-length documentary and I found it eye-opening.

Separation between church and state FAILED in this case. Local government funding for building the Ark Park. Explicit religious belief test for all workers hired by the park (non-believers need not apply for jobs). Sales tax goes not to the state but to Answers in Genesis. Thanks in part to a Fundamentalist governor elected in Kentucky.

The pseudoscience and delusion are mind-boggling. The violation of the First Amendment is outrageous.

One small encouraging note in the film - this former Creationist David MacMIllan brought himself out of the delusion when he was reading about a 260,000 light-year gas cloud trail left by a galaxy.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:575259
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.