Agnostic.com

3 0

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I think it is best not to be content to ask people about generalized labels, if you want to truly understand them. It is far better just to ask them to tell you what they think and believe in their own words. See below.

For me. Can't prove there is no god, but strongly suspect that there is not one. Am however sure that there is no value, or true connection with god, in religion.

And since I see religious belief as the truly harmful thing, a deist god as some sort of an unknown intelligence which may exist beyond or behind the visible universe without interacting with it, having little relevance to life. I am content to disprove religion.

As to life after death, I can not disprove that either, but hope it does not happen, since I think that it would be a horrible thing, and am glad it does not seem likely.

I'm Atheist. There's two kinds of agnostics. #1 Non believers who hope there is something out there and think life after death is possible. #2 Believers who just don't know what deity is out there. I'm a nonbeliever. Period. An Atheist.

@yvilletom What kind of person are you?

@barjoe During my 52 years of agnosticism, before I started saying I’m an atheist, I was not a #1 and not a #2,

Using one of your terms, I didn’t believe. I was also too happy to care.

@yvilletom I wasn't talking about you of course. My comment was relevant to the link.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:575410
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.