Agnostic.com

1 4

LINK Statement by ralph nader and bruce fein on the senate’s impeachment acquittal of donald j. Trump | ralph nader

It makes me wonder if the lesson learned by the reactionary irrationalists is the not do a half-assed coup. They were a lot closer to achieving their objectives than some might give them credit for. What's the saying, "when you strike at the king, you must kill him?" Don't doubt their "lost cause" dedication, ready to rise up again after stewing in the shadows. And the pushback must always rise to the occasion, maybe even throw in a little offense, ya think?

Fun times ahead.

:-----:

"An NPR reporter observed: Democrats had a chance of opening up the trial with witnesses about what really happened in the White House “from primary sources, but in the end the desire to be done won out.” The loss was steadfast courage and an abdication of constitutional duty to lay down markers to preserve the nation’s Republic for ourselves and our posterity against wannabe Trumps craving dictatorial powers.

In the end, the rush trial was not a matter of rationing the Senate’s time, it was not a matter of Senate ignorance or incapacity. It was a loss of nerve and the disastrous misguided strategy of Speaker Pelosi with her House Managers selected for pliability.

Democrats deliberately disabled themselves. History teaches that cowardice is possessed of infinite obstinacy. We are fortunate that the nation’s founders against King George III were made of sterner stuff. The Constitution’s framers endowed their descendants with sufficient congressional authority to prevent coming full circle back to monarchy under a different name. Alas, we are not so fortunate in our current congressional leadership and the portentous forces they have emboldened and ignited in the coming years."

WilliamCharles 8 Feb 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm not tired. I'm disgusted beyond measure so have stopped caring.

Failure is not an option.

@WilliamCharles I clearly demonstrate that is untrue.

@rainmanjr - lead, follow, or step to the side. The only failure is to stop trying.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:576374
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.