Agnostic.com

1 2

LINK Right-Wing Atheists Are Oddly Excited About CPAC Embracing Secular Conspiracies | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

From the article...

I’ve written before about my thoughts on atheists who support the current version of the Republican Party. I don’t think it makes sense to claim you’re logical and rational while supporting a party that promotes conspiracy theories and bigotry.

I also don’t think it’s a strategic or useful kind of activism to attend an event like CPAC. Unlike purchasing a booth at, say, a Flat Earth conference where your entire goal is to convince attendees they’re wrong, the atheists going to CPAC support the Republican Party’s policies. They’re not going to argue people out of their delusions; they’re going there because they believe those delusions, too… minus one of them.

snytiger6 9 Mar 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Atheists know that all beliefs are contrived. I think right wing atheists would have no problem embracing religious conspiracies if it suited their Neo-Nazi agenda.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:579364
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.