Agnostic.com

5 13

Mt. Stuart, 9,420', from Tronsen Ridge, WA

It's fun to look back at hiking photos. Three years ago, I took this shot on March eight.

Earlier I rejected this photo because trees partially block the mountains.

Now I like the contrast between the dark trees and snowy mountains. It looks geometric. Reminds me of Japanese Sumi paintings.

What do you think?

LiterateHiker 9 Mar 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I love the depth the trees give it

Having had a love for "back country skiing" ... The Glacier/Headwall off to the right caught my eye...I love the Cascades...your so lucky to live there.

I like the foreground/background contrast

Beautiful shot

Always a good idea to include some foreground in landscape shots, to give depth and contrast, plus chromatic perspective, note how the dark shades on the trees are much stronger than the shadows on the mountains.

@Fernapple

You're right. A bit of foreground anchors mountains in space.

Otherwise, Mt. Rainier looks like a white ball floating in the air.

@LiterateHiker It still looks really lovely though, great shot. Here is one with a lot of foreground I took in Turkey.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:580636
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.