Agnostic.com

1 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Pope Pius XII was absolutely a collaborator with Hitler.

That's the word.

whether he was xtian or not is up for debate tho i guess

@bbyrd009 Oh. He was a Christian. A typical Christian Nazi sympathizer. As was Vatican Secretary of State, Giovanni Montini who later became Paul VI. John XXIII and Francis are the only politically progressive popes in the history of the Roman Catholic Church.

@barjoe my point was that most protestants would (rightly, imo) argue that roman catholicism is about as far from "christianity" as atheism is; not that prots are really any better at it or anything--they are all rightly deemd "cult of sol invictus" i guess, with all the "going to heaven after death" yack, which is nowhere in the Bible at all

so while you can (gnostically) call them xtian til the cows come home if you like, imo understand that that is by your definitions only. I can't think of a single catholic practice that is forwarded in the Bible wadr

@bbyrd009 That would be incorrect. Right Wing Evangelicals historically hated Catholics, Jews and Blacks. The Protestant movement was an offshoot of The Roman Catholic Church as was the Eastern Orthodox Church. To say they're not Christian is wrong. Nothing to be proud of, but Catholics and Orthodox are most definitely Christians. Were you taught that Catholics aren't "true" Xtians? That's fundamentalist talk.

@barjoe well joe, you can certainly insist if you like, i can't stop you after all, but i'll stand by what i said. Catholics are about as far from xtian as it gets, imo, and don't even try to adhere to the Bible, not saying that some of them arent fine people. And they do seem to get forgiveness better than most i guess. It was Catholicism that got in bed with the nazis, wasnt it?

but wadr most Catholics (and prots i guess, actually) run screaming from the Bible like demons from holy water lol

but how do you define "Christian?" Anyone who loudly proclaims "i am Christian?" How about you first show us where the pope is authorized in the Bible, and we can go from there if you like 🙂

@bbyrd009 Pius XII was. Lutheran Church also was certainly in bed with the Nazis in WWII Germany. All of Xtianity has a shameful past, and present, Catholicism included. The doctrines of Christianity have its seeds in Roman Catholic Church. Take Francis over any evangelist you can name. You say Catholic Church isn't Christian, that is parroting the Southern Baptist Church and KKK. .

@barjoe Pius XII was what? And fwiw i absolutely love the current pope, great guy imo. And yeh, i guess lutherans collaborated too, more or less after the fact tho. Still waiting for that Bible ref for "pope"

@barjoe ps, wtf are "doctrines?" The Bible tells us to run from that shit, joe; come out of her, my people
but, you are gnostic, and have already made up your mind here i guess? "Pope Pius XII was absolutely a collaborator with Hitler" then how, tf, might anyone defend him as "christian?" It is gratuitous gnostic crap, imo, well warned of in the Bible, of course every loser who wants power will claim to be "in" eh, and everyone tries forcefully to go into it.

@bbyrd009 I don't subscribe to Xtianity or any other faith. I'm a firm believer that there's no God and when we die...fade to black. Let's get that straight. White Southerners claim to be "true" Xtians. They have a history of bigotry against "Catholics" and claimed they aren't "true" Xtians. In my opinion, Jesus never existed, he's a fictitious person. I don't hate Xtians, I hate Xtianity. Catholicism is a sect of Christianity. Look it up. I don't care what moron evangelicals say. I deal in facts no dumb shit people were taught in Sunday school. The Bible doesn't tell me shit.
[en.m.wikipedia.org]
[britannica.com]

@barjoe well joe, "Jesus of Nazareth" pretty easily equates to "John Doe, from Nowhere," and im still waiting for that pope ref ok. Catholic is not even close to Christian, wadr, doesnt mean they are any worse off than anyone else tho i guess; all are judged for their works, just like irl, hmm!

I am not gnostic, so i have no beliefs on where we go when we die; i have no idea what happens tbh
Gotta run, have a good day

"Catholicism is a sect of Christianity, look it up"
lol, priceless joe
i mean, there are like 23 genders too bro, look it up 🙂

@barjoe fwiw i suggest that according to the Bible you are surely a much better "christian" than most anyone claiming the title

@bbyrd009 Is being a Christian supposed to be something good? I do what is right by my moral compass. I don't fear vengeance from some vindictive, fictitious deity to force me into doing what's right.

@barjoe ah well i guess "Christian" was first applied as a kind of slur, and meant something different then anyway, more like we would would use "zionist" now? So i guess it depends upon how one defines the term. As to the rest of your post, that is straight out of the Bible, i can Quote if you like. Fwiw "Lord" is a terrible translation, actually means more like "Baal" i guess

I (YHWH) said, "YOU are Elohim."
and how big a stretch is it from "fictitious" to Unknown God iyo? Certainly the Olde White Guy is "fictitious" i guess, ya

@barjoe may i suggest that--broadly speaking--we don't read the Bible, and so we reject institutional "Christianity," just like the Bible recommends, but having not read it we then toss the Bible too

@bbyrd009 We? I don't read the Bible anymore. Not ever. I don't care what the Bible recommends. It's for theists I'm a godless atheist.

@barjoe no offense but that is pretty obvious joe. i mean, you are making my point? By which i don't mean to say "bad" or "you are off," but that you might likely just be cutting off a valuable resource? But i guess being Elohim you may do what you see fit 🙂

you know the apostles were deemd "godless atheists" by the romans eh? The "good" Samaritan was deemed a "godless atheist" by the hebrews, and etc

"it's for theists" lol, ok
if you say so

@bbyrd009 SMH

@barjoe ha well i guess you know better than i, joe
have a nice day ok

hopefully you can see how "smh" is basically the definition of "gnostic"

@barjoe so fwiw ...after He has destroyed all kingdoms, powers, and authority. and i'll leave you to determine which the Roman Catholic "church" has set themselves up as; but pretty obv about as anti-Christian as it gets

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:580830
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.