Agnostic.com

6 1

Not too sure about this one?

Me also!

FrayedBear 9 Mar 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It is not so much their being a Christian, it is their compulsive need to boast about it and their preposterous assumption that you are one too and their insistence that if you ask them to not preach their hobby at people in the work environment because it is boring the arse of others, they are going to start screaming they are a victim of persecution and sue you.

As an Aussie, I have the added problem of not being able to swear. Even if they don't politely ask me to refrain, they get this pained look if, in my frustration, I utter "Fuckin' Jesus christ!" They're offended and I'm offended that they're offended.

@MsDemeanour
THEM: Do you mind not swearing
ME: Actually yes I do, I mind very much, and I find it highly offensive that you would try to censor me
THEM: Uh, whaaaaaa? But I'm a Christian
ME: So fucking what, I'm on a diet, doesn't mean I have the right to object to you being a big dumb fat ass.

At the start she mentions she has been working in the USA where we are to assume she picked up such a disease! But I love at the end when she says "I forgive you" in that condescending way Xtians have. 😉

What alternative reality is this?

Its called the UK , that really is the way a lot of English culture at least sees religion.

yes I'm Australian and if someone mentions they're christian the rest of us move further down the bench from her.

I wouldn't hire her.

I love Tracy!! To me this sort of hi-lights my issues with Christians. What is the point of even mentioning you're one? And I for SURE would not be askin' if you are one if I was was the interviewer.
On the other hand, I think I should be able to know my doctor's position on their beliefs. I find more and more I am not comfortable with right wing christian care providers.

I currently have another Moslem doctor. I couldn't care less what he believes so long as he keeps me healthy & facilitates appropriate repairs.

Isn't Tracey brilliant? I love her Judi Dench and Angela Merkel and Maggie Smith parodies

@FrayedBear When my last doctor retired he was replaced by a Pakistani doctor, who happened to be
Muslim (I know this because of the religious paraphernalia in his consulting room). He was really good with me. My wife and daughter however were a different matter, he treated them like shit, constantly told them not to waste his valuable time and to ask their mothers. When I brought this up with him, he laughed and said "You know how it is with women, sometimes you just have to cut through the nonsense."
We left his practice, and I few months later I heard that he had so few patients the other partners had to buy him out.
From experience it was probably more likely due to him being Pakistani, rather than Muslim, it was definitely due to a lack of professionalism and an inability to leave his innate bigotry at home.
My current doctor is an Arabian woman and she is wonderful, I have no interest in her religion since it does not effect her work .

@FrayedBear, @MsDemeanour I still tend to think of her a one of the new comedians, than I remember that 3 of a Kind came out in 1981

A lot of people have a bias in one area or another. Sadly it will be found in the medical profession just like everywhere else 😟.

Fair reflection of British attitudes, to a degree.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:582481
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.