Agnostic.com

2 1

If your a Bill Gates fan, you may want to think twice.

Castlepaloma 8 Mar 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I have been saying for decades that this guy should not be pandered to. A monopolist, who left Msoft when he couldn't steal any more other people's ideas, a coward who would not front up during the anti monopolist trial against Msoft in the late 90s, a typical rich guy Foundation builder, whereby rich assholes like him exchange money and play the system to their advantage, and someone who never has never will, care about everyday people, despite media spinning of him. And I get sick of seeing articles like '10 books Bill Gates says you should read before you die' and '10 things Bill Gates says will make you a success." Yuk. Spare me. In America the only thing that seems to count is that you are rich and 'successful', not what you did to get there.

Thankyou for speaking out

This generation has to be the most cowardly ever in human modern history.

She is naive with a lot of double talk. I like Gates and and she said nothing to investing in change my mind. There is no proof he wants to put chips in women or men, not a shred of evidence. He has been very public about the companies he is investing in, and it is nothing like she is talking about. Urban farming is not some giant revolution and it will not happen on a large scale, especially in the Western world. America is not and has not been an agrarian society in decades and will not be in the future. Young people leave the farm because the work is hard, the hours suck, and to run a farm, even a small farm, and compete in that industry is incredibly expensive. One weather event can destroy an entire crop as we have seen in recent years as storms are getting larger, stronger, and more destructive. That was 40 minutes of my life I will never get back.

Myself being a farmer/ builder. Farming in Canada has been mostly destroyed by Bill Gate parnter Monsanto. Now most foods are shipped in from 1500 km away.

India has a recoded number of farmers commented suicides. Also what is being called the largest protest in human history, over 250 million Indians have taken to the streets nationwide over the past week to protest agriculture deregulation and other neoliberal policies of Prime Minister Narendra Modi's right-wing Hindu nationalist government.

"This government has pushed us into hell. We are barely able to survive, ground down between price rises on the one hand and low wages on the other."
—Sukhdev Prasad, farmer

Despite being attacked by police and security forces with water cannons, chemical agents, batons, and other weapons, the peaceful farmer-led demonstrators on Thursday vowed to continue their protests after talks in the capital New Dehli

@Castlepaloma How have they ruined farming in Canada?

@Sticks48
Imagine that a storm blows across your garden and that now, genetically-manipulated seeds are in your crops. A multi-national corporation pay you a visit, demand that you surrender your crops - and then sue you for $200,000 for the illegal use of seed and fertilizer.

Farms nutrients are just about all destroyed no longer worth the very low profits. I personally grow non GMO vegetables and teach urban farming in the grey area. This is slowly replacing big farming and much healthier

@Castlepaloma and that happened to you........not!

@AnneWimsey
General Large farming has been vastly destroyed around the world. Then being replace by C. Columbus like Bill Gates type of GMO tec farming.
My grey area pioneering solutions have been urban farming moving rapidly. Because most of our health problems come from a lack of knowledge of fungi and plant life that take up 85% of the biomass of the planet.
David Suzuki explains

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:583280
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.