Agnostic.com

1 1

LINK With the Rise of Teen Suicide Exacerbated by the Pandemic, MTV Documentary Films’ Each and Every Day from Peabody® Winning Director Alexandra Shiva Speaks with Young People About the Urgency of Talking About Mental Health and Getting Help

I just finished watching this and found it pretty compelling and moving. I have my own emotional health struggles that are at least met with from a position of greater experience. It was heartbreaking thinking about the lesbian teen dealing with the memories of her knowing she was "different" at 13, or the black college student who was finding his religious upringing and trying to deal with it through prayer was less than worthless.

:-----:

"In August 2020, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) reported that a quarter of young adults have seriously contemplated suicide during the pandemic.

The film features nine young people that span across race, ethnic, religious and socio-economic backgrounds across the country, sharing their personal stories in an intimate and engaging conversation that goes deep into the fastest-growing epidemic among teens and young adults today. Audiences not only hear their stories of depression, anxiety and other mental health concerns, but also see the uplifting message of hope, recovery and the importance of treatment and honest conversation.

“Making this film I saw first hand the way young people are dealing with their mental health challenges, including talking openly about suicide,” said Shiva. “It inspires me and gives me hope that young people don’t shy away from this issue, because talking about it saves lives.”"

WilliamCharles 8 Mar 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Thanks for sharing this.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:584477
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.