Agnostic.com

1 2

LINK Free to speak his mind, Boehner says some GOP reps were 'morons'

During his tenure as Speaker of the House, John Boehner would occasionally express some frustrations with his own GOP conference. A year before his 2015 retirement, for example, the Ohioan lamented the number of Republican "knuckleheads" he had to deal with.

Five months earlier, Boehner publicly mocked his own members over their reluctance to work on immigration reform. "Here's the attitude: 'Oh, don't make me do this. Oh, this is too hard,'" Boehner said, in a tone deriding House Republicans as if they were sniveling children. He added, "We get elected to make choices. We get elected to solve problems, and it's remarkable to me how many of my colleagues just don't want to."

snytiger6 9 Apr 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I think that is why he quit. He really wanted to work with Obama and get some things done. The Tea Party aka Freedom Caucus feel it is their job to make sure the government does very little and so far they have succeeded.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:586934
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.