Agnostic.com

2 2

What do you know about aged care?

Here is the Australian experience higlighted in a little quiz.

If you are not one of the 25 million residents of Australia think of the situation in your country. Go & find the data then share it here for your fellow citizens to learn & then act on.

Don't forget - we all grow old someday.

[getupau.typeform.com]

FrayedBear 9 Apr 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I used to have the same opinion. My grandad used to live with us. He is still around, by the way 🙂. A few years back, we had to move because of a good job offer I'd got. Grandad was against moving but getting put in an old house scared him more, so he complied. After several months he fell ill, and someone needed to be with him all day. At first, my wife and I took turns. Through our bosses were very understanding, it affected our jobs. I persuaded grandad to stay at seniorsite.org Senior site for at least a week. I promised to take him back if he didn't like it. It's been almost a year, and he's still there. We visit him regularly, and he feels very comfortable there.

Elder care in the United States is a money grab. Nursing homes basically eat away people's life savings before they die. My mother made me promise not to put her in a home, so I quit my job and took care of her for the last two years of her life. Today marks the anniversary of her death. Elder Care would be wonderful for Australia. No matter how expensive it would be, it will benefit everybody. I hope they can get it done. It will never happen in the US.

They are just as greedy here as in USA Joe.
Hat off to you for looking after your mother. I hope that you gave her leave to die & leave you.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:589114
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.