Agnostic.com

4 11

For wildlife, we are both their greatest enemy and their only hope.

Ryo1 8 Apr 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Interesting that you show a poster of Australian Animals.

[livescience.com]

Hi there. Because the quote is by an Australian author. 🙂

@Ryo1 I'm not familiar with the name.

They are doomed, as are we.

Thanks for this! I don't mind the idea that humanity will disappear. I'm devastated to think of all the innocent lives we will take with us.

Hi there. Although I don't hate humans, I often feel better when they are not around. Also, when I recognise some ugliness in other humans, I feel that I must have the same ugliness in me because I'm also a human, which is kind of disheartening. But then, when I read or hear wonderful stories of humanity, I know I mustn't give up on humans.

@Ryo1 Of course we have wonderful instincts (sometimes) and empathy (sometimes.) BUT...we've all been guilty of trashing the earth, wasting resources, exterminating species....it'll be a terrible time to be alive.

@LucyLoohoo Meanwhile, there are conservationists and other people who have been trying their best to protect/save natural environments. There is a very old lady in India who is an environmental activist and who has planted millions of trees through her entire activist life. She never attracts media attention; it's not in her interest, but she has been actually doing something. I can't remember her name, though...

@Ryo1 Yes..there are millions of us worrying and doing and hoping. MEANWHILE....those who make money by exploiting the earth are still busily raping all the resources they can.

And, we are currently in the Sixth Extinction.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:589915
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.