Agnostic.com

3 4

Untogettable

waitingforgodo 8 Apr 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Great song awesome voice

bobwjr Level 10 May 15, 2021

One of the unforgettable voices...instantly recognisable, like all the truly great voices.

Unto gettable, some say you are
An infinity, so near or far
Like an apeiron has rings to me
How the thought of you does things to me
Never before has something been more

Unto gettable in every way
And forever more, that's how you'll stay
That's why, squiggle, you're incredible
That something so unto gettable
Has a whiff that's so regrettably skew.

“Squiggle?”......smells positively fragrant from here!

@Marionville infinity, apeiron, the infinity squiggle is skew-whiff in the sense that it's numerically well off to one side.

@waitingforgodo Yes..I’m familiar with the expression skew-whiff..I have been known to use it from time to time myself. It was the whiff off the squiggle I was questioning!

@EarnestEccentric I have absolutely no idea...it seems to be something dreamt up in the fertile imagination of our friend the admirer of Mr. Beckett! 😁

@Marionville to further skew and skewer this excellent analysis seems almost impossible.

Although I couldn't be considered a Beckett fan as I've only been fortunate enough to see Lucky's sufficiently soporific soliloquy on screen.

In a poll conducted by the British Royal National Theatre in 1998/99, it was voted the "most significant English language play of the 20th century", a result which I imagine is unlikely to be repeated here.

The sobriquet sounded so superlatively majestic for a forum where thoughts of heaven were ever present and to meet other hominins and homonyms: this is bliss.

@waitingforgodo ....interesting that this “most significant” English language play was actually originally written in French...en attendant Godot !

@Marionville yeah

Waiting for Godot is Beckett's translation of his own original French-language play, En attendant Godot, and is subtitled (in English only) "a tragicomedy in two acts".[

[en.wikipedia.org]

May I say "you're Madge"?

@waitingforgodo I am of course. It’s just a different spelling of the diminutive of my given name! 😁

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:592096
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.