Agnostic.com

1 1

LINK An Atheist’s Guide to Herding Cats

"Richard Dawkins once said, “Indeed, organizing atheists has been compared to herding cats, because they tend to think independently and will not conform to authority. But a good first step would be to build up a critical mass of those willing to 'come out,' thereby encouraging others to do so. Even if they can't be herded, cats in sufficient numbers can make a lot of noise and they cannot be ignored.” While this is very amusing and also a very realistic analogy, I think it should be something we should consider devoting some time to working on. Because being a “freethinker” shouldn’t also mean being a complete loner too."

WilliamCharles 8 Apr 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I do not have any problem expressing myself as a Atheist to any one. Have met several who are afraid to "come from behind the pulpit". Peer pressure is a tough thing, or maybe they just try to humor me. Who knows.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:592991
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.