Agnostic.com

4 2

TV Commercials

Anyone else experiencing disgust or intolerance of commercials on TV? The older I get the more I cannot stand a lot of commercials. The one I really hate are the hearing aid commercials. They act like they are not selling a product but want you to join a "challenge."

terrygerry1 4 Apr 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I gave up regular TV nearly 3 years ago, so No more TV Commercials

Yes, I specifically hate commercial TV, mainly because I used to be employed creating the ads. I worked for an ad agency in Denver for a few years in the 80s then I opened up my own advertising agency but after a few more years got burned out on it. I tried to watch MADMEN and it started to make me feel anxious.
Now I've weaned myself away from all commercial television and only watch movies on Netflix or Amazon Prime. Voila... no commercials. For my news programs there is the internet. My smart TV has BBC or other news outlets too. No cable or satellite bills either.

There are a handful of commercials that are funny, but the majority of them suck. I normally hit the mute button when they come on.

I never watch the ads. My TV has a mute button and I have a crossword.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:59611
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.