Agnostic.com

8 3

"CDC Says Fully Vaccinated People Can Stop Wearing Masks Indoors : NPR" [npr.org]

Lorajay 9 May 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'll keep wearing a mask in public, but I hope to get physically close to someone in private.

Las Vegas has opened up lap dancers to work 3 feet away and to wear a mask.
The elite wealthy are laughing their heads off, what they can get the public to do.

Even climbing Mount Everest a group has covid. And in Canada they whacking people with $2000 fines for assembly in small groups. Breaking dozens violations of human right laws are happening.

No one should have the right to infect others with a deadly disease.

@Lorajay
When you take on a sexual lover and partner.
Do you take, this persons diseases to share, to hold until death do you part.

That goes for the 75 times whole other deadly diseases that are greater than covid. Best to trust building your healthy immune lifestyle. Rather than many of the pharmaceutical corporations like pfizer. Who got sued 2.3 billion on just one case for killing people.

Unfortunately too many people are not getting vaccinated so until then I wear a mask

bobwjr Level 10 May 14, 2021

The CDC guidance is just that. Guidance. Some states will continue their mask mandates. Here in Hawaii, we will be continuing our statewide mask mandate until 70+% of our residents are vaccinated. There is no way to know if the visitors are vaccinated or not, so we will continue our safety precautions and wear our aloha masks.

I believe the easing of the mask guidance is geared toward enticing more citizens to get vaccinated. Trouble is that not much will convince the anti-vaxxers to get vaccinated.

Here in Hawaii vaccinated residents don't have to get tested or even quarantine if exposed to positive cases, or for inter-island travel. That is a huge relief and economical savings. But still that is not enough to convince my anti-vaxxer friends to do the right thing and get vaccinated. They benefit when others get vaccinated, but they refuse to be part of the solution.

Healthy people did not have to wear masks in the first place, like the flu. Masks all the time is unhealthy. They are finding out that in Florida, Texas and other countries are faster recovering for covid without masks.

They just keep making things up. Lockdown kills more people than the covid also.

Please provide links to the scientific study to support your statements.

@MsKathleen
Politifact
Report Currently, Florida has relatively low rates of coronavirus cases, deaths and hospitalizations. However, the connection between this and Florida’s light regulation of businesses’ and residents’ behavior.

Texas is the third best covid recovery state that did not mandate mask and fill sports stadium.

In Canada in my lifetime of each year of flu deaths. I got 30 times more chances of dieing from flu than covid total deaths in Canada.

Government never lies and always keeps their promises,.... not. . Even using from their bs corrupted stats, they are wrong and only have fear to offer.

@Castlepaloma being the third best recovery state that did not require masks means nothing in the total recovery picture.

@Lorajay
They do not allow other states to compare, because it is a planedemic.

@Castlepaloma if you use your brain you can do the comparison yourself based on covid infection statistics which are available everywhere.

@Lorajay
There will be no data from corrupted centralized institutions on my brain to dumbdown furthering the herd mentality agenda.

Many stores still require it. I hope this won't lead to arguments, our even violence..

This is a huge mistake by the CDC. It lets unvaccinated people off the hook. They will pretend they are vaccinated and stop wearing masks.

Fully vaccinated, I will continue wearing a mask in stores and around people indoors. Don't want to catch any of the COVID-19 variants that are more contagious and deadly.

Oklahoma does not have a mask mandate. When I am shopping and see someone without a mask, I immediately think that they are also probably not vaccinated. It seems to go hand in hand in this red state. I will still wear a mask in some places and sometimes and I will still prefer merchants who wear a mask properly unless I know them well enough to know that they are also vaccinated.

I think I will continue to wear mine for a while.

Me too, I have suffered less colds, no flu and less sore throats this past 12 months than ever before in my life.
I see why they are so popular in Japan.

@LenHazell53 Yes, I also, and came to understand it was a result of less human contact. If I ever get back to dancing, I will wear a mask for that, too.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:596423
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.