Agnostic.com

3 15

A Brief History of Attempts to Repeal Obamacare

The Supreme Court on Thursday rejected a sweeping challenge to Obamacare pressed by Republican state attorneys and backed by former President Trump, ruling the plaintiffs had no standing to complain about a law imposing penalties on no one.

The decision in California vs. Texas preserves health insurance subsidies for more than 31 million Americans and protections for tens of millions more whose preexisting medical conditions could otherwise prevent them from obtaining coverage.

The Texas suit, the third major effort to strike down the national healthcare law, fizzled out in a 7-2 decision.

And this time, the court did not sharply split along ideological lines.

LiterateHiker 9 June 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I posted the LA Times article on my fb page concerning the SCOTUS decision. Also back in Nov during oral arguments Justices Kavanaugh and Barrett both stated they saw no reason to eliminate the ACA. So it came as no surprise to me.
I also added that in 2018 three red states, Utah, Nebraska, and Idaho passed ballot initiatives expanding medicaid under the ACA. Yet the repubs keep fighting to take down Obamacare even though their constituents obviously want expanded health care coverage. SMDH.

@Stephen1364

What does SMDH mean?

Surprised My Dick Hurts?

Suffering Massive Deadly Hepatitis?

The mind reels. I'm tired of looking up text-speak.

@LiterateHiker Shaking My Damn Head

It might be the smaller one....who knows. 😉

Was another clown car show

bobwjr Level 10 June 19, 2021

I was so relieved. I have a friend who will lose everything without ACA. Her son has a very slow cancer and needs treatment for the rest of his life anytime it goes active.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:604301
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.