Agnostic.com

2 3

LINK US Catholic bishops to draft Communion document that could rebuke Biden

In a 168-55 vote, US Catholic bishops agreed on Friday to draft a document that would detail the conditions under which Catholic politicians and public figures who do not follow church teaching on abortion and other issues may be denied Communion, according to The Associated Press and Wall Street Journal. President Joe Biden, the second Catholic president in US history, stands to be rebuked if such a document is approved in November due to his support for abortion rights, The New York Times reports.

snytiger6 9 June 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Don't the Catholics know that the planet is over populated?

I heard on NPR the other day the only two people who can deny Biden communion are the Pope and his local Bishop, so I don't know what the vote means other than a show of unity. I wonder how they feel about people who support the death penalty.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:604399
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.