Agnostic.com

5 6

I really like the original but the cover by Disturbed is amazing. What do you think?

HelenRoseBuck 6 June 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

David Draiman is a good singer. Where is the originality of band that's been only covering classics? They've been around for 25 years and have never had any success with original songs, only with a 50 year old classic. I like the Simon and Garfunkel version.

barjoe Level 9 June 23, 2021

I’m not concerned about the bands remake of originals. Many artists (musicians, actors, authors, visual artists, dancers, etc) reinvent successful works in their own style. It doesn’t make their performance less worthy.
As for the lead singer, he is not just good; he is a classically trained Cantor. His timbre and vocal prowess are the result of years of training. I’m not alone when I say his delivery on this cover gave me chills. It’s great.

@HelenRoseBuck It gives me chills as well. Thanks, I didn't know he was classically trained, but that makes sense.

@Lauren He's some kind of cantor or rabbi or something.

I really like this version

I too always liked the original, but this one strikes something in me so deeply that it's become one of my favorite songs. It probably helps that I was already a big fan of David Draiman's vocals.

Lauren Level 8 June 22, 2021

This is a great cover. The emotion in this version changes the meaning of the song for me.

I love the Disturbed version. Powerful, emotional, visceral. The original is beautiful, but this version digs deep and the tone matches the lyrics perfectly.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:604952
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.