Agnostic.com

2 0

Why would the UK send a warship into a dead end sea that only leads to provocation?

HMS Defender shot at by Russia.

[craigmurray.org.uk]

[smh.com.au]

FrayedBear 9 June 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Why do you always side with Russia?

barjoe Level 9 June 24, 2021

Why do you always support indefensable American led or created aggression?

@FrayedBear Answering a question with a question. You answer mine and I'll answer yours.

@barjoe it's a shame that you do not understand English. I ask a question. I do not say that I support Russia.

@FrayedBear Ahh but you always do.

@barjoe it's your dream Joe or psychosis.

Very little about this incident has been reported in the British MSM, couple of reports of the ship being tracked by Russian rada ships and a diplomatic row between the UK and and Russia, but that is about it.
Going by past experience my guess would be, since BBC reporters don't as a rule get assigned to travel on RN Ships, that much more was expected to happen, but did not. The purpose was probably further demonizing of Russia to distract from the current Brexit fiasco, and a bit of saber rattling to the EU to point out "John Bull"'s navy is still up to giving a jolly good thrashing to those jumped uppity damn foreigners when it comes to Britannia still ruling the waves.
Also a sign to Uncle Sam that we Brits still hate the tea poisoning Ruskies just as much as they do. (Funny how this happened within hours of JOBI leave the British shores.)
Or else it was a distraction for something covert going on at the same time.

Curious that the SMH published it.

But then they've been pushing the same line of let's provoke China.

@FrayedBear It was mentioned today at lunchtime on the Politics Today programme, (not the News programme that preceded it.) the story being that Russian authorities radioed the Defender saying they were about to enter Russian territorial waters, to which the Defender replied that they did not recognise Russian authority in the area, but were outside and intended to remain outside of the 12 mile limit. The Russian then threatened to fire on them if they deviate from their course.

The official line is
"Britain, strongly supported by Ukraine, insists that HMS Defender was taking the shortest, most direct route across the Black Sea, from Odessa, in Ukraine, to Georgia."

There was then film of two Russian reconnaissance planes buzzing the ship, and very distant gunfire which the captain of the ship showed notification of as inland manoeuvres they had been warned about two weeks in advance.
The Defender then continued on its preapproved course.
Apparently after this the Russian media announced they had chased a UK Battle ship out of their territory and the UK denied this with Boris going on TV to bluster pointlessly as usual.

@LenHazell53 BS as usual.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:605157
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.