Agnostic.com

3 1

Will some refuse to watch because of the channel?

"Executive producer of the show and the head of the company Mikhail Solodovnikov said, “We are very proud to bring the inimitable talent of William Shatner to our network and digital platform Portable.TV. It is a show for the curious intellectual who would rather be educated than entertained by a TV show."

Legendary actor and author William Shatner to launch new show on RT America [rt.com]

FrayedBear 9 June 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

That's a damn shame. I'd have more respect if he were advertising reverse mortgages.

"RT America". What a fucking joke.

@Paul4747 @Secretguy
Bill Shatner is not an American, at 90 years old, he can work for who so ever he likes to.
Likewise if you are an American you are free to watch, or not watch whichever channel you choose, no one is forcing you to tune in to RT.

@LenHazell53 You are absolutely right. He is.

If he wants to work for a propaganda arm of the Russian government, which is well documented as disseminating disinformation, conspiracy theories, and outright lies, he is free to do so. (Their own editor-in-chief said they are "waging an information war, and with the entire Western world".) And we are free to feel disappointed in his choice. It's as if he had gone to work as a presenter on Fox News.

And you are free to react with apparent anger to our calling that out.

@Paul4747 As I also pointed out no one is forcing you to watch the programme, vote with your feet, that's what ratings are for.

@LenHazell53 So why did you even bother to post this if contrary opinions bother you so much?

@Paul4747 They don't, I posted because this is a discussion forum, and I was replying to a comment, to someone who is and was not you. Sooooooo, if anyone is bothered by contrary opinions, it ain't me.

Bill Shatner is a dick.

barjoe Level 9 June 29, 2021

A private detective? He's been an actor for 70 years Joe!

@FrayedBear Good one. I worked at a hotel in Philly that hosted comic con. He is not a nice person. That is well known. [wilwheaton.net]

@barjoe Joe I don't comment not knowing the man personally. He does appear to have an ego the size of a peanut that he feels should be the size of a watermelon. I simply passed on the news before I went to bed at 2 am.

@FrayedBear I hope you had a good night's rest.

@barjoe I did thanks Joe. I slept like a warm, contented, well fed healthy baby. I'm building reserve for about a 400 klm drive on Friday which I hope will assuage my love of beautiful country views.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:606156
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.