Agnostic.com

1 7

LINK At least 486 dead in British Columbia amid historic heat wave - Axios

While the news focuses on 0 people dead in the Florida condo collapse, I wonder when this will be the major headline. Plus, thousands were hospitalized.

HankHunter13 7 June 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The 486 deaths represent a "195% increase over the approximately 165 deaths that would normally occur in the province over a five-day period,"
Of note: Although not all of these deaths can be attributed to the heatwave in the Pacific Northwest, the extreme weather is likely responsible for the surge in numbers.

barjoe Level 9 June 30, 2021

yeah, 321 more deaths than average. twice as many dead, as in the condo collapse, that has been headline news for a week. i didn't see this headline anywhere else, let alone on cable or broadcast news.

@HankHunter13 Do you think the condo collapse is getting too much press? Why would that be? Specifically. Why?

@barjoe no. i didn't say that. but what i am saying is that twice as many people died from the record heatwave, and it's getting virtually no news coverage. the media is very reluctant to talk about the fact that global warming is real, that some of the severe consequences are already here, and that people are already losing there lives because of it.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:606438
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.