Agnostic.com

4 7

LINK Evolution of the Heart - Mind & Life Institute

"This 37-Minute Film explores questions at the heart of the human condition, and points to a sea change that has occurred in evolutionary science toward a focus on altruism and prosociality."

"Can we consciously evolve to be kinder and more compassionate?

How do we reconcile the needs of the individual with those of society?

And what makes true forgiveness possible?

AnonySchmoose 8 July 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I blocked a person on this post because to argue with a very angry person would not be empathy. Tibetan Buddhists do not worship Buddha. They do meditation ( called 'Unsurpassed Yoga'... known also as "the phase of imagination" ) on deities to calm and detach the mind from the everyday. Here is what they say about that:

"Just as one prepares a field with false millet before sowing rice; One purifies thoughts before embarking on what is without thought. Once the natural state is realized, deliberate fabrication is dispensed with... This is done in order to abandon fixation on ordinary thoughts and appearances as well as the false apprehension of things as being inherently real." -- Jamgön Kongtrül (2008), p. 53

Tibetan Buddhism is not religion, but moral discipline utilizing meditation.

Our closest relative, Neandthals, to care of all peoples in their yribes,especially the Elders and Disabled,. CAPITALISM has replaced that Empathy with the exultation of GREED.

Before now, I didn't know that Neanderthals showed great empathy for the elderly and disabled. Capitalist culture sees empathy as weakness. In truth, empathy is one of the human strengths that will save humanity from extinction, because without empathy, there is no cooperation. There are different reasons Neanderthals went extinct.

"Various hypotheses on the causes of Neanderthal extinction implicate:
parasites and pathogens
competitive replacement[3]
competitive exclusion
extinction by interbreeding with early modern human populations[4]
natural catastrophes
failure or inability to adapt to climate change"
[en.wikipedia.org]

@AnonySchmoose unfortunately they were headed towards extinction Before modern human encountered then in Post Ice Age Europe. Fortunately we interbred with them, they are now deeply interwoven into our genome.

this film is pure collectivist drivel. lets see if we can floyd our way toward the truth.

so answer me truthfully . our new national poster boy for police oppression and 16 different brand named racisms, saint george floyd (don't pretend, i know you all see him clearly)... is he the product of evolution or should it better be called devolution? what has selected for him and his incredible array of dysfunctions? the fact that he ran into a pac of malfunctioning cops and got done in is actually a red herring. he was already pretty much a zero, and his dysfunction played no small part in his death. . the actual hot house subculture, "the community" , that selected for him, and now benefits from multi million dollar lawsuit proceeds, and multi billion dollar fresh governmental give-away programs, seems quite different from the chicken scientists in the film who controlled caged birds and selected for group cooperation. both are managed evolution of a sort, but thats where the similarity stops. saint floyd devolved in a hot house world of unearned largess...scatter site housing, food programs, free medicare, and a thousand other freebees mostly, or at least in much less concentratiion, denied to the many millions of poor white chickens, and maybe some black chickens too, still scratching for a living across the road. now answer again truthfully. who is paying to sponsor and foster that devolution? answer? the white chickens. should we the human race be trying to evolve toward altruism? or is altruism favoring the floyd over the fauchi, and over the black fauchi? and by the way, all the new affirmative action hot house black studies ph.d s.....they don't count as a black fauchi
theyre hustlers with college educations.

altruism: behavior of an animal that benefits another at its own expense. and the more unworthy the animal, the purer the altruism.

Put brain in gear before putting mouth in motion.

I’ll read the article later. The image is fantastic!

Thanks! I searched for an image that made me feel the video's core message.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:607554
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.