Agnostic.com

2 7

Noam Chomsky Destroys Modern Day Trump Republican Party-This short interview really lays out the reality of life today. I have taken courses given by Chomsky, read his books and recommend him to everyone. Here is the true Patriot. Pay close attention to what he says about Reagan being a profound racist.

Healthydoc70 7 July 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Noam Chomsky is great but the issues go back to the founding of this country and our failure to hold accountable the men who wanted to destroy it in the mid 1800s.

I have been following Heather Cox Richardson since last year. She is a history professor, lives in Maine and teaches at a Boston collage.
Her hour long FB videos that she began doing back around March 2020 on the history of the republican party really explain - for me - the long story of how we got here.
Her book How the South Won the Civil War is a good read.
Now if someone could just come up with a solution, something besides another civil war, to change the course of the ship we could all rest easier.

The biggest problem is the Constitution was supposed to be a living document. Founders as Thomas Jefferson said it needed to be updated every 20 years or so. However, with all the checks and balances that was hard to do. Even getting amendments has proven to be very, very difficult. We are still mostly going back to the original ideas and are stuck.

@JackPedigo That is the cool thing about Heather's video chat's on the history of the republican party and the Civil War. Educating people so they demand better elected officials and make better choices when they do vote. Almost all the talking points from the gop and people like ben shapire, haninity, carlson, ingraham, etc. are straight outta the reasoning behind Jim Crow, why slavery is okay (Cornerstone speech) and all the talking points before the Civil War, Reconsrtuction and the years following.

@silverotter11 Education is a resource and as such it is limited. The world is growing increasingly complex and it is neigh on impossible to understand all that one needs to know to be a responsible citizen. Reading or watching so many posts on this site is difficult for me especially during the summer. It's my big time to socialize which I need desperately. Most, simply do not have the resources nor desire to become more informed. This is one huge problem with our system of voting. Too many stupid people each with their own opinion based up only with personal conjecture. We see it all the time on this site.

My step-dad hated that I criticized Ray-gun every time the old fuck came on TV (the only place he came). Yeah, a real disaster. McCain may have lost because Koch brothers decided they could halt Obama easier than McCain's climate plans. They therefore torpedoed him and stopped Obama (who was politically kind of a novice). Noam looks bad but still has his history down and mind intact.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:610656
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.