Agnostic.com

0 5

Today, Rielley (our visitor) and I set off with three bags of wilted lettuce and kale into the hinterlands where the buffalo roam. He ( the boy) is visiting for a few days. I thought he might like to see our wild beasts. The buffalo did not make an appearance. There was one bull way off in the distance, on a hill. The rest of the herd were over hill and dale. probably hiding from the noise of the road construction going on. I took some detour through the farm and grassland and ended up back on Arcadia-Zurich-Norris Road where we had started. We passed one of the new Mennonite farms and I decided to stop at the sheep and horse enclosure.
Reilley started throwing the greens into the enclosure. The horses were not shy about picking it up. The sheep were reluctant. The lady of the house came by to see what we were doing. She did not mind when I introduced ourselves and told her that we could not use the greens ourselves and hated wasting it all. Her four children never came closer but seemed to be friendly.
I think Reilley actually enjoyed himself on our cross-country trip. We'll try again tomorrow.

Spinliesel 9 July 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:610658