Agnostic.com

4 4

What just happened to me?

In response to an advert in a member only buy, sell & swap group on another site I wrote the following in response to a woman advertising for in this time of lockdown freely give your surplus to those unable to pay". I responded as follows:
Excellent intelligent comment Jxxxxxxxxxxc. It follows from Professor Cipolla's laws. [en.wikipedia.org]

I am currently looking for telephone conversationalists of any age who do not fit into the stupid, helpless or bandit categories. Conversation topics that I'm not interested in are religion, politics, sport, sales pitches or spam, electronic games & ego boosts.
Anyone of any age over 18 are invited to message me with their topic(s) of conversation. If I am able to converse with you I will invite you to supply your number or ring mine. Thanks.

Imagine my surprise when my reply disappeared an hour later. Then the advert. The advert was then reposted & so I responded with an uplifting meme praising the concept. Lo & behold some time later the advert disappeared again.

What should I conclude from this?
Or should I repeat the offer here & form a group dedicated to one on one phone conversations? The offer of one on one telephone conversations however has been on my profile for 3 years now & only about 4 have taken it up.

Why does no one want to relieve C19 isolation with telephone conversations?

• 2 votes
  • 2 votes
  • 0 votes
  • 0 votes
  • 1 vote
  • 0 votes
  • 0 votes
FrayedBear 9 July 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It could be that the add is only there as bait to milk people for their telephone numbers by scam artists, and it has to be taken down periodically to stop it being found and blocked by the site.

I suspect godbotherer!

I love phone calls, WhatsApp calls, Zoom calls, etc. It's how I did occupy myself during the C19 pandemic. I'm not overly talkative, unless I find a good, reciprocal conversationalist; that's when things get fun!

Message me.

Lol, isn't the pandemic still rampant in America with Gates & Buffet promising new & more virulent strains?

My guess would be that people today always assume the worst, trust no one and expect other people to be mind readers and never say anything that might under some obscure circumstance be able to be misinterpreted as as gynophobic, sexist, racist or even murderous, especially when coming from a male toward a female as we all know how toxic ALL males are (unless they are f2m trans men)

Only yesterday I read that Harvard University research has proven that 57% of domestic violence is promulgated by women. Obviously their continuous bitching has had everyone fooled.
I've not heard of anyone being murdered or physically assaulted over the phone however those who believe otherwise immediately eliminate themself for being stupid.

@FrayedBear I don't know about in Australia, but in the UK harassment and abuse by telephone is a criminal offence and is considered assault.

@LenHazell53 I'm literal. Stalking, bullying, intimidation, etc. Yes they are illegal unless it is a woman doing it. It seems that they are allowed. Here you are not allowed to record phone conversations so you have no proof of what the other party said to you. I did find a way around it with a lawyer who tried to charge me 3x+ what had been agreed on. I simply sent a transcript of the conversation to the law society. It ended up costing me an extra $100 to get my papers back but not what he had billed. He was well pissed off & swore at me next time that I saw him.

@LenHazell53 In three years I've had phone calls with 4 or 5 other members, two I still call every so often, one has gone out of circulation recently. I don't know if it's C19 or something else.

It's bad enough I have endless phone calls with my older brother who refuses to have text conversations. I basically put the phone on speaker and mute while he rambles on. I certainly won't put myself thorough that with a stranger. I don't like phone calls.

barjoe Level 9 July 24, 2021

Stupid ego you have there Joe? Have you told your brother that he is a boring old fart whose ramblings you mute whilst you masturbate or do whatever you prioritise?

As my dead brother stated "the day that you stop learning is the day that you die". Are you already dead?

Are you unable to say "I can only talk for five minutes as I have an appointment"?

Your responses elsewhere do not seem to indicate that you can't converse - it's only a matter of breathing, engaging your brain, practice and opening your mouth to enunciate the words that you wish to express.

@FrayedBear He gets extremely defensive. It's easier to let him ramble on while I throw in an occasional "uh huh" "mhmm" or "gotcha" just to let him know I'm still on the phone.

@barjoe Someone made the comment the other day that paranoid defensiveness is indoctrinated into all Americans.

@barjoe is it truly loving your brother by encouraging his delusion? Or simply enjoining in the illness of folies à deux?
[en.wikipedia.org]

@FrayedBear He's not psychotic he just has diarrhea of the mouth. I just don't have the patience to engage in boring conversation so it gets one sided. It's a chore that I put up with. I don't like small talk which in many cases becomes large talk.

@barjoe I was led to believe that it is not psychotic if yo know about it. You do & so does your brother. Take him fishing & tell him when he catches & lands one.

@FrayedBear I keep him at arms length. He lives 20 minutes from my house. I see him once or twice a year, so I can put up with the phone calls. Barely.

@barjoe is he still bullying you or just being the elder bro control freak?

@FrayedBear He doesn't bully me, I have to try not to bully him. I'll admit I have a problem being assertive without being abusive. I prefer to walk on eggshells. He's a pain in the ass. I don't get along with him or his wife. It's unfortunate and I handle it the way I handle it. It keeps the peace.

@barjoe You are still enjoing in his folies à deux which isn't good for you because you are deluding yourself. You know it & so do things to yourself probably to punish yourself - like having to interminably pretend to be listening when you'd rather be in the bar chatting with the barmaid.

@FrayedBear Nah. I'm good.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:611502
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.