Agnostic.com

3 10

Tasing, threats, racial slurs: Capitol cops' astonishing testimony.

Four police officers who battled a violent mob of Donald Trump’s supporters in the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol testified Tuesday about the horrors they faced that day, as Congress began its formal inquiry into the riot. The officers described vicious attacks, racial epithets and fears for their lives ― all during an event that some Republican lawmakers still say was nothing more than a tourist visit.

A Black officer recalled being called the N-word as he stood his ground when confronted by armed rioters waving a Confederate flag and a “Make America Great Again” flag.

All of the officers described horrific levels of violence. They were beaten, kicked, shoved, shocked, sprayed with painful chemicals and called traitors to America.

I was electrocuted again and again and again with a Taser,” said Officer Michael Fanone of the Metropolitan Police Department. “I’m sure I was screaming, but I don’t think I could even hear my own voice.”

The testimony from the officers ― two from the Metropolitan Police Department, two from U.S. Capitol Police ― was a brutal rebuttal to Republican lawmakers who have tried to downplay the reality of the attack. The attack resulted in more than 140 injured police officers and three dead: Officer Brian Sicknick, who suffered strokes the next day, and two other officers who died by suicide shortly after the attack.

Fanone, who along with being electroshocked by Trump supporter Daniel Rodriguez on Jan. 6 was also beaten by several members of the pro-Trump mob, fumed about the “indifference” shown to his colleagues by Republicans even after officers risked their lives to keep those same lawmakers safe that day.

“Disgraceful,” Fanone shouted, slamming his hand on the table. “Nothing, truly nothing, has prepared me to address those elected members of our government who continue to deny the events of that day.”

[huffpost.com]

LiterateHiker 9 July 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

What was even more disgraceful was the voice mail that Fantone received during his testimony. It was just live on CNN (Don Lemon). It's not up yet, but I hope they catch the caller and roast him.

@glennlab

You're right. I just heard that voicemail on Facebook. It's horrifying.

@LiterateHiker I'm pretty sure that the caller isn't aware that was a terroristic threat against a federal official, and with the publicicty, the FBI will have to make an example out of him.

Their testimony was very moving, and the brutality was outrageous. I don't think it's stressed enough that they had to endure this torture for more than three hours before any kind of aid was given to them.

I'm so glad Pelosi was able to keep mad dog Jordan out of the committee because I'm sure he would have spouted so many insults that I would have thrown my monitor across the room.

Lauren Level 8 July 27, 2021

What Trump did was no different than what Charles Manson did with his followers.

Yep, I call them Cult 45.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:612061
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.