Agnostic.com

2 2

"the piece is inherently ironic and totally lacking in self-awareness, given there is arguably no other country in the world that is more competitive and pursuant of sporting supremacy than the US."
And
"America is increasingly insecure and stung to the point that mainstream commentators can’t even bear China doing well at sports, which is bizarre given that the US has no reasons to feel inferior here."

The gold medal for anti-Beijing hysteria goes to the NYT for its unhinged attack on China’s Olympic success [rt.com]

FrayedBear 9 July 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

They used to say the same thing about the soviets.
America seems to view sporting prowess as indicative of nationalist and political superiority

The eastern block countries were even more dominant than US today. They say in the USSR the men are men and the women are men too.

What has America got after lower gold sport medals. Maybe prisons, covid and wars. Everybody is no better or worst than me, no worries.

C19, arrogance & increasing stupidity through awareness of the stupidity?

Or rather than awareness is it cognitive dissonance?

@FrayedBear
Won 192 international award in among six different sculpture medians including 5 world
sand sculpture championship. Working this for most waking hours of my life. Strong in cultures, k/biological, travel and tiny house communities. Still everyone has downsides, stupidity is not mine, don't have the sheep or herd mentality.

@Castlepaloma my replies are generalisations & were not necessarily applied at you. I think that it must be fantastic having 3D spatial awareness. Was it inherent from early age or something that developed through practice? You must also need incredible patience & perseverence?

@FrayedBear

I think the most common thread for greatness in anything, is investing over 10, 000 hours. Had 45 years and paying most of my bills by sculpture.

I get credibly slandered so much of the time here, because I won't get vaccined. Sorry.

Maybe a natural talent is able to visualize 3d from all sides in my head first. Work and love is the main stuff.

@Castlepaloma I suspect your 10,000 hours is a very modest estimate. Having broadcast on air more than 3000 hours I know how many years that took & how it is no longer relevant to count the hours. Stay safe and 😀 yes I took the risk & got the vaccination but having managed to avoid death by hitting an oncoming 30 ton truck by about 80 metres whilst travelling at a combined speed of just under 200 kph only days previously I figured that my time hadn't arrived (I had a micro sleep after 550 klms driving not having slept for 30 hours).

@Castlepaloma trying to avoid being stranded by lockdown curfew.

@FrayedBear

Over 100 countries in lockdown, very heavy push back now.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:612565
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.