Agnostic.com

2 4

Perspectives not taught in British schools?

From famine to deindustrialisation and paying for the world's largest army, there were no advantages in being part of the British Empire.

Aaron Bastani on what the British really did to India.

FrayedBear 9 Aug 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Perspective is better self taught. Much like self help books, why not just help yourself?

Like it is claimed that the British did in India?

@FrayedBear

The great beauty of self perspective and self reliance is your free from some foam of slavery or another.

@Castlepaloma not even your President is free from the slavery of convention.

@FrayedBear
President are of a corporation, not countries Of course they are puppets to the highest degree.

Freedom for me is doing what I love to do and who I love with nature . Then give it all away, to the point, I seldom have to think about myself

I was once sent to the headmaster's office (School Principle) in a production of "Oh what a lovely war" and then banned from participating for commenting that the British empire was a collection of poorer countries we invaded for out own benefit.
It was explained to me we did NOT "invade" anywhere we "collonised" and "civillised" other lands for our mutual benefit.
I disagreed and was told it would be better if I did not participate.

Good onya Len.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:613170
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.