Agnostic.com

12 1

Are there any Atheist anti-war activists out there?

dangerman1973 4 Dec 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Almost always anti-war. Used to be very non-violent but sometimes with fascists, whether political or religious, satyagraha doesn't work.

I'm, for sure.

I'm a pacifist as in I don't like or believe that we should engage in Warfare.

But at the same time I have no problem with killing someone who would do me or my family harm.

I'm a morally balanced person who understands that conflict should be avoided. But if I have to fight, I have no moral rules or obligations to abide by. Peace is fantastic. It makes people weaker and dumber. That's why I like it, less competition. But war is dangerous and only the lucky survive.

I like to be neutral whenever possible. I believe that me making no decision has the same outcome as if I wasn't alive at all. I try to observe others and learn from both their mistakes and successes. I think that if people talked less and listened (and thought about what they heard) more then the world would be a better place.

Not as much as I was in the 60's, but definitely still anti-war, and still signing petitions, and still joining with others.

As much as some feel “those damn neocon right wingers” just want war. I honestly feel, that most of the United States citizenry is gradually coming to realization that these offensive wars and perpetual occupation of foreign lands is fucking bullshit and a form of irresponsibility to the common folks all around the world. War is not a Republican or a Democrat thing, it’s a United States empire thing.

cloaked imperialism

<——Practicing Buddhist and yogi.

(All my emoticons come out as question marks)

I am a pacifist, humanist, atheist. Active when I can be. I am vocal and argue against war. As long as war is the first option laid on the table of differences, we will continue to kill each other. Instead of attacking each other, we need to really listen to them. What are their issues? How can we help them with those? When we offer a helping hand to those living in poverty and inequality, we make allies instead of enemies. When we foster education for all so people have marketable skills, we offer them a hand up out of poverty. I recommend reading "Nonviolent Communication" by Michael B. Rosenberg, PhD.

Now I am. After being drafted in 1966 and sent to Vietnam, and seeing too many fellows injured and die, I said why do we (the USA) fight and defend others on foreign shores? We were NOT attacked. unlike WW2. I've been an atheist since I was 13 years old but felt at the time when my country selected me, I had to go, just like my father. But with age, you learn.

A lot of us , I think !

I would think that if someone honestly arrives to the understanding that religions are full of it, they would also eventually come to the conclusion that countries are as well. However, they would also realize that history demonstrates how you very well may be punished for opinions that go against the flow.

Yes, I come from a family of conscienous objectors. More than this, I live a life of non violence. I'm one of those crazy, bug-releasing, tree huggers (still working on spiders, process not perfection as they scare the shit out of me). I eat vegetarian and I have already decided in an armed conflict (such as a home invasion), I would not kill another to survive.

Here I am wave

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:6138
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.