Agnostic.com

4 0

Gun laws and regulations ___ Who should make them?

Marine 8 Apr 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The military practices very good gun control. When not under supervised use, they are locked up. You must have permission to take them out for a specific purpose. Sounds good to me.

jeffy Level 7 Apr 20, 2018

In fact there are a multitude of gun laws in place already, have been for decades. What your 2-faced Congresspeople do, is Never, ever, pass any budgets to enforce them. Not one dime for something as simple as a guy to check gun seller records...and everybody in the industry knows it! Thus your MOC
can state he/she voted for gun control, secure in the knowledge their cut from the NRA is in the mail as usual! Google "federal gun regulations", get smarter!

We have recently had two gun stores closed because they were not following the proper procedures. In addition we have had several raids that shut down illegal gun sales. I really have not had any problem with enforcement here in Ct. Federal agts., state and local police have been doing a great job. The problem with the state laws are that they differ from state to state and some states do not have any or very little. If gun control was a fereral program it would be uniform in every state.

@Marine hey, I am in CT! Yes, 2 years ago I would have 100% agreed with making it all Federal, and my gun-nut brother certainly would, he has spent literally years working on getting carry permits in all states, not done yet. But now with the current admin, who think abusers and mental cases are fine to arm, I am not at all sure

The nurses

It is my belief that gun laws and regulations should be made by people who understand guns and how they work rather than by people who attempt to write these laws and regs based upon emotion and tragedy. I have been shooting since age 10. I did not learn the rules of using and owning a gun until I served in the Marines and this is the problem with many gun owners. They obtain a weapon without knowing how to use and care for the weapon. This is where the the law and regs come in. The laws and regs should assume that these facts are known and understood before a weapon can be obtained.Classes and training should be required before gun ownership occurs. A license is provided to own and purchase weapons. License review should be required say every three years and performed by a state official. Domestic violance and the person looses their right to own a weapon. DUI means loss of license and weapon.With mental problems the members of the household should be required to report to police and have them remove weapons from household or person.These should be easy laws to enforce.
The republicans have used fear of guns to have people vote against their best interests in everything else and protect their wealth. Someone once said, you must have grit to be a demoncrat you need money to be a republican.
Gun ownership should be a federal regulated with the same laws and regulations in every state and reporting of any offenses should be federal so that moving does not allow person to avoid the laws and regs.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:61389
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.