Agnostic.com

5 0

Is this opinion right?

“None of us should take human life lightly or compare personal injury to economic harm or property,” Hagay said. “Everyone who saves one soul has saved a world.” Zion Hagay, head of the Israel Medical Association

[vaccinedeaths.com]

Ping @Powder

Loss of employment or property is as important as loss of or injury to life?

• 1 vote
  • 13 votes
  • 1 vote
FrayedBear 9 Aug 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I can recover from financial loss easy enough. If it is permanent injury i disagree, if its temporary injury is debatable.

After being badly damaged in 2003 by a motor car that didn't stop I can agree with your last two conclusions. The first requires a lot of luck.

Life cannot be replaced

bobwjr Level 10 Aug 17, 2021

Things can often be replaced including employment but life cannot.

It is axiomatic that life consumes life to survive that is the foundation of life itself and is a necessity.
However the idea that life should be consumed for purposes of profit, wealth and social division is a purely artificial construct and is the foundation of economic politics a product of greed.
People are not commodities to be valued and traded against other commodities such thinking is the foundation of extremism in all it's evil myriad of forms. People's worth can only be judged by their actions toward other people, none are priceless, none are worthless but each has determined their value by their own choices and at one time would have to live with the consequences. However today consequence too is something that can be bargained away.

My high school biology teacher had several frequently used philosophies. One was "every person has the ability to write at least one book". One of my books is the effect of his negligence & unfulfilled responsibility to his students resulting from him coming off his moped one, probably drunken, Friday night which resulted his absence from teaching for 18 months. As he was not replaced I managed to achieve 2% in the mock GCE exam. His presence may have resulted in me only managing 10% but my aspiration to become a forester was totally quenched.

According to the law pets are property. I care more for my dogs than I do most humans. But I think I missed the point of the post, forgive me.

Tejas Level 8 Aug 17, 2021

I care for other people's pets whilst they vacation. In some cases I find that I care for their animals far more than they do.
In Australia it used to be that a vagrant cow (property) had greater rights than you had to not have your vehicle not damaged by the animal. It is changing slowly.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:616402
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.