Agnostic.com

1 1

Here as another tribute to Don Everly who died on Sunday is my own favourite singer singing Let It Be Me.

Morten Harket sings Let It Be Me live in Oslo in tribute to Don’s brother Phil Everly shortly after his death in 2014. Morten and his band a-ha had a long friendship with both Don and Phil Everly through their Manager Terry Slater who played bass and toured with the Everlys in the 60s and early 70s., and who was instrumental in their reunion appearance at Royal Albert Hall, London in 1983 when a-ha were introduced to them.

In 1987 Don and Phil presented all three members of a-ha, Morten, Mags and Pal, with three identical guitars made out of the same piece of wood, the guitar which Morten still performs with to this day, as he explains. The band recorded and released a cover of the Everly hit Crying In The Rain in 1990 which charted well in the U.K. and Europe, reaching #1 in more than one country. You can see a photograph of Morten with Don Everly, and one of all three a-ha band members with their Everly Bros. guitars on my bio page.

Marionville 10 Aug 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Great stuff. I'll check out the photos on your page.

Ray13 Level 8 Aug 24, 2021

I think you’ll realise they’re not all family!

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:617948
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.