Agnostic.com

9 2

Anyone who says "very strongly" should be shot.

Dyl1983 8 Aug 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I very strongly agree with you.

I very strongly concur with Dylan that very is very overused and strongly eschew the prolix.

Maybe we should have a grammar police group.

Ah, but to whose grammar should we adhere?

@anglophone In that case there would be no standard grammar rules and anything goes.

@JackPedigo We could adhere to the rules of German, French or Esperanto, I guess.

@anglophone Of course, three completely different languages. That would work (not). Besides, where's the fin in that?

@JackPedigo Well, I did restrain myself from adding traditional Chinese and Egyptian hieroglyphs.

And in the manner of John Cleese' Argument Clinic

"You want fin? Look in the shark fin soup, you cretin!" 😉

Yes! They should be shot the very strongestly of all irregardless! Ain't nobody should mistalk the English language!

How about people who say "moving forward"?

can we include people who say "yet again?" (again, again)

lerlo Level 8 Aug 30, 2021

Yet again, Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you somebody who yet again has used the phrase yet again, yet again.

@anglophone what a surprise that you are the head of the Department of Redundancy Department

How strongly should they be shot?

That is grammatically correct. I feel very strongly about that.

Does typing it count?

skado Level 9 Aug 30, 2021
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:619364
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.