Agnostic.com

2 3

LINK Alligator attacks elderly man near Slidell as wife tries to save him | Hurricane Center | nola.com

Surviving Ida, day 4:

How's that for some hurricane news!

I'm seriously struggling today y'all. I was able to get out and get some water and ice and power ade this morning. Had to stand in line 30 minutes to get in the store. Got it all in coolers, but pretty much all of that ice is already melted, so i guess I'll go back tomorrow. Hopefully they'll have some. We found out this morning that my son in law's father bought them a generator. Problem in he's in Missouri. My daughter and son in law had already been considering just going up there to stay for a bit, and they probably will, assuming they can find somewhere to get gas- there really is none to be had. A station not far from here had some today and there was a line more than a mile long waiting to get it, mostly to run generators I'm sure. I have to decide if i want to go with them... i know i should because i would be more comfortable physically. But, do I REALLY want to be stuck in Bumfuck Missouri? I could visit my sister and she's been wanting me to go up, but i know i would be so bored. She very rarely leaves her house, and I'd have no transportation to head out on my own- and I am FAR from a "gadabout" lol. Also I'm sure she'd decide she needs to have all of her antimask antivaccine kids over while I'm there- UGH! She's not, but all of her kids are. Honestly, I would almost rather stay here if i could figure out a way to keep my phone charged! I could probably find a friend in St. Louis that me visit. I guess I'll decide what to do eventually, but the idea of going up there gives me anxiety. Anyway, a few areas have had power restored. I still have little hope that our's will be back on soon. I'm pretty sure we're in for the long haul. The transmission tower that fell in the river is near here- that can't bode well for us. Anyway, enough of my bitching! Onward to tomorrow!

JonnaBononna 7 Sep 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

That poor man. What a horrible way to go!

hmmm...solar?

If I could get ahold of a solar charger it would work.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:619839
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.