Agnostic.com

1 5

Politicians in Texas are denying vital healthcare in the name of policing women’s bodies.

On Wednesday a law went into effect in Texas that bans abortion just six weeks into a pregnancy. There are no exceptions in cases of rape or incest, and by the time someone finds out they are pregnant it’ll likely be too late.

Oh, and that’s not all. This law even offers a $10,000 reward to anyone who successfully sues someone who helped another person access an abortion.

Congress can take this issue out of the courts and protect our rights by passing the Women’s Health Protection Act. Go to National Association of Women's website and sign your name to help.

mischl 8 Sep 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Congress has passed on to the senate the For the People Act and the John Lewis Voting Act. One of these also needs to get passed. Call your senator and demand the filibuster be ended.

How do our senators feel about the filibuster?

@JackPedigo I would think they are for both bills but I do not know how they feel about the filibuster.
GOOD question and I will add it to my notes of things to bring up the next time I speak to one of the clerks. Sometimes all I get to do is leave a voice message. Sometimes I use e-mail. I do think it is helpful to message them.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:620207
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.