Agnostic.com

2 2

I spontaneously mentioned StarTrek TNG in an earlier post. That led to subsequent thinking about StarTrek in general... (I'm a MEGA StarTrek fan)

I have to say that my favorite StarTrek episode of all time is "The Inner Light" followed loosely by "Chain of Command".

Here's a link to view the complete 43 minute video of "The Inner Light" on Dailymotion, if you can find the time.

It's a beautuful journey with an amazing twist and rather touchingly sweet after effects. By the end, it feels like a great movie.

[dailymotion.com]

EarnestEccentric 7 Sep 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

At one time I loved the Star Trek series especially the next generation. However, I have come to see a lot of their predictions as being bogus. I still remember the 'Prime Directive' which they constantly seemed to forget or ignore. Apparently, in the distant future emotion will pay as big a role in important decisions as it does today.

@EarnestEccentric The 'Prime Directive' was a great philosophy. It also applied in many back to the past Sci-fi scenarios as doing even a little thing in the past could seriously affect the future. Too bad we don't have the reason based moxie to implement such important concepts.

[en.wikipedia.org]

Thanks for the link. I can't watch it right now but it is what I'll watch at lunch time🥰.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:621381
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.