Agnostic.com

1 3

ABBA is making a comeback. @Marionville reminded me of some articles on their intended use of CGI. Here is an article and photos. A fun idea.

[boredpanda.com]

Beowulfsfriend 9 Sep 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Apart from the cgi avatars they are using, I don't think the songs they are promoting are actually them singing but computerised voices, or possibly their voices computer and AI processed to sound like they used to. After all, people in their 70s do not have the same singing voices they had in their 20s. Just a fact. It won't matter. People will fall for it. ABBA have been mythologised now, and also there's the nostalgia of that seemingly simpler time. I know, I was there. The money must be staggering. I read an article that they were offered a billion dollars a few years ago to release new songs. Yes, billion. But they thought they were too old and couldn't recreate their old sound. Well, along comes computers and AI, and problem solved. That's about the size of it I think. Big bucks.

I don’t think you’re entirely correct about the voices…although they may be tweaked slightly, but that’s normal procedure in most music recorded in a studio, with retakes and splicing done by the producers and sound engineers to make a flawless recording. They have been filmed in the studio in their actual present day 70 + year old bodies singing the new songs. The rest is completely down to technology, recreating them singing in present day voices but with replicated 50 years younger bodies. Obviously the money is a big motive, although I hardly think it’s the main consideration or they’d have done it before now. They must still be very rich already with all the royalties from not just their still popular music, but the Mama Mia movie and stage show franchises. I think the challenge of using this new technology was the deciding factor for their new album and forthcoming virtual performance.

@Marionville yes, I never thought they were down to their last Kroner, so to speak. I remain sceptical about the authenticity of the voices, though you're right all music now is processed with tech these days to some extent. No doubt they are refreshing their finances at this stage of life and their families must be very happy.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:621591
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.