Agnostic.com

7 2

Should bibles have warning labels on them?

Warning! Acceptance of truth without evidence may impair your ability to differentiate between fact and fiction which may lead to an increased possibility of gullibility and/or mental health problems.

• 13 votes
  • 2 votes
mt49er 7 Dec 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Or at least an R rating.

PS I saw on your profile that you live in Kalispell. Iā€™m from Kalispell. Flathead High Class of 87. šŸ™‚

Yes, When you talk to a Christian about parts of the Bible that they don't want you to take literally they say it is Contextual and give you a run around of scriptures that still don't support ANY context that it can be put in to be morally right or justifiable OR Coherent. It should have a warning that facts have not been credibly verified and are subject to interpretation. It should have a warning that " Faith " does not conclude Truth.

ā€œWarning! The stories that hold forth in this volume are utter rubbish and may lead those of low intelligence to assert opinions with zero basis in reason.ā€?

FFRF sell warning labels. The bibles in the hotels are put there by the Gideon's people and it is they that have to replace them so don't worry about labels (or even if they get 'misplaced'šŸ˜‰

why would you put a warning on hans christian andersen ? put it in the historical fiction department where it belongs

I think, all religious texts/audios/videos should have warning labels.
(i replaced the word 'bible' with 'quran' when answering.)

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:6223
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.