Agnostic.com

3 4

It IS worth getting your booster.
Amid persistent concerns that the protection offered by COVID-19 vaccines may be waning, a report released Friday by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention finds that America's workhorse shot is significantly less effective at preventing severe cases of disease over the long term than many experts had realized.

Data collected from 18 states between March and August suggest the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine reduces the risk of being hospitalized with COVID-19 by 91% in the first four months after receiving the second dose. Beyond 120 days, however, that vaccine efficacy drops to 77%.

[yahoo.com]

KateOahu 8 Sep 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yes I think that is one of the advantages of the AZ shot, that though it is not quite as effective at the start, the fall off of immunity is slower, making it likely to be more effective long term.

At this age, with my health problems, I would get a booster every month if needed. Why The Hell not?

I will. Plain and simple. Honestly, I expected this from the beginning.

Expected that another vaccine would be required, or that we would be discouraged from getting one?

@Lauren expected there would be some sort of booster, or a continuation of them over the years.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:623222
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.