Agnostic.com

4 4

I don't want to lose my faith but I can't just fool myself and pretend I still have it.

and yeah, I actually don't know the reason on why do I feel so hesitant on giving it up. Maybe because it's kinda hard for me to accept the fact in my 18 years of existince, I've been believing on something that is not even real.

johnwein0517 4 Dec 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I was trying to think of something to encourage you, but I'm coming up blank. When I gave it up I had just spent a year trying to prepare myself to become a preacher. I just put it behind me and marched on off down the road of alcoholism. Not a good road. Of course I was already pretty far down that road. Three more years of hard drinking and I almost drank myself to death. I was fortunate to find someone who could encourage me in the person of David Seabury, through his book, The Art Of Selfishness. I guess if there is any point to what I am saying, it is that it could be worse.

phillipines is a US satellite and has gone down many of the same roads . try how Duarte is treating the junkies ! Stand on your own 2 feet beside your friends and enjoy life by your own rules. [ the same way you would want to be treated]

Embrace the dark side, and free your mind.

It's very hard to give up something which has shaped your formative years; almost everyone who loses their faith has a very hard time doing so. I repeatedly thank my mother for being an atheist herself, so not really trying to push anything on me.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:6233
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.