Agnostic.com

18 4

Do you ever get embarassed by your paycheck when you hand it to the bank teller? :(

NothinnXpreVails 8 Apr 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

18 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Direct Deposit...

Hutch Level 7 May 28, 2018

I used to many years ago on my first job, which only paid me six dollars an hour, that sure didn't equal much per week.

I laugh my way to the bank... I am Retired with 3 Checks. Largest one for now goes to my son, to do as he pleases. I can manage with smaller 2. Simply teaches me to live with less spending and once I need extra is always there.

I never handed my paycheck over to a teller, it's mine, I earned it----I keep it.

Hahahahahha

Who gets paychecks any more. All direct deposit.

Get Direct Deposit from your employer.

They don’t offer it. Sometimes I get paid prior to payday as it is. If it was set up as direct deposit, that would cease.

OK...then just wear a mask when you deposit your check if you are embarrassed by a small check. @NothinnXpreVails

I have mine direct deposited. I am not embarrassed of how much I make, and as far as I am concerned society should be embarrassed of how little we pay for those who work in public service.

Two words: automatic deposit.

Wouldn't know for not once in my life did I ever present a pay check to a bank teller.

i never felt embarassed by money matters. why would i? i didn't invent the shit.

No, I don't make enough for it to make me feel ashamed.

MsAl Level 8 Apr 20, 2018

🙂 brilliant answer!

Bank teller? When I was earning cheques, they never made it past the lunch truck.

No. But being disabled I'm just glad I can work a few hours a week. I'll never make much or be able to support myself.

wow, I don't think a bank teller would know what a pay cheque is.
My first pays were in cash with a breakdown on a payslip inside the little yellow pay envelope. I loved getting them.
At 16 I entered banking and we received a pay cheque for about 10 years, then in the early 80s we were paid electronically.
My kids are 33 and 31, neither has ever received a pay cheque or a cheque for anything.
I have not received a cheque in the past 5 years and possible only 2 in the last 10 years.
Almost noone has a cheque account except maybe some businesses, though none of the business people I know have one.
My wearable credit/debit card arrived last week, water proof, even plastic is obsolete now. I rarely use cash, but our cash has been plastic (polymer) for over 30 years.
hmmm, embarressed, not really, my income is minimal, I am like a 70s playtex, no visible means of support and all I want to do is hold boobs all day.

LOL!

This is like so not a thing here....so incredibly alien to me. My two salaries go into my account, no one nor cares

Nope I get direct deposit

Direct deposit yo.

No. Do they look at you weird or something?

I've cashed in 20 dollar checks before.

You have nothing to be embarrassed about. Are you not happy about your paychecks?

Not at all. Adjusted for inflation, I made more annually 20 years ago than I do now.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:62393
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.