Agnostic.com

10 1

I got the Moderna vaccine. Can I get a Pfizer booster?
Here's what's known about mixing-and-matching Covid-19 vaccines.

[nbcnews.com]

xenoview 8 Sep 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I see my Dr on the 29th, , that is going to be one of my questions, I had pfizer. I also need my flu and shingles shots.

Luckily my Shingles shots are behind me. They Hurt, & had unpleasant effects. However, nothing like actual Shingles, so well worth it!

@AnneWimsey I have had to fight with my provider for the shingles shot, I had some health problems and they wanted them all clear before they gave it to me. I haven't gotten either the flu or pfizer booster just so that they will not be in conflict.

I've received my two shots of Moderna, and I'm happy to wait for guidance on when a 3rd shot might be recommended for me. From what I've heard, the antibody response from the original 2 doses of Moderna, given 4 weeks apart, hasn't waned as fast as the Pfizer doses given 3 weeks apart.

So, I'm going to stick with the Moderna plan... plus I hear that there might also be a tweak to the vaccine to better combat the newer variants, which for me is worth waiting for. I've been following discussions with immunology experts and I feel I'm still pretty well protected, though my 2nd dose of Moderna was 5 months ago.

It seems logical that you can mix, but they're discouraging that until there's more data. When making my appointment for the booster, our local pharmacies told me they will only give a Pfizer booster if you've previously been vaxxed with Pfizer.

I got the Moderna booster two weeks ago. My primary care doctor does not recommend mixing.

You can get your booster right now (same day appointment over the phone ) if over 65 here in CT at just about any pharmacy. Started late last week.

Not recommended but possible, stick with your original, we can get third one based on age moderna included

bobwjr Level 10 Sep 25, 2021

I had been wondering the same thing, since I got Moderna 6.5 months ago, and am over 65. I heard on the local news (I think) that Moderna people can't get Pfizer boosters, but I think that's just because it hasn't been studied enough. I'll ask my doctor, because I've also heard it's okay to mix.

The surgeon who did my hernia surgery three weeks ago got the Phizer vaccine for the first two rounds and the Moderna for his booster. I got the Phizer for all three. He said it was ok to switch. I guess you could ask your doctor.

UK data says you can. In the US most people can't get the 3rd shot yet. My problem is the criteria for not being able to get the booster is age 19-64. I think it should be 19-59. People over 60 should be high risk.

Glad I got the Pfizer vaccines. Next month, I will be eligible for a booster shot. Hooray!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:624552
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.